Monday 3 August 2009

Summer walk

Went on a lovely walk yesterday, then when we got home I made a 'Graham Greene ' cocktail - gin, martini and cassis with crushed ice, lovely but extremely intoxicating. I recently came across this quote from him in 'Ways of Escape'.

'Sometimes I wonder how all those who do not write, compose or paint can manage to escape the madness, the melancholia, the panic fear, that is inherent in the human situation'

I can identify with this, mind you the cocktail helps as much as the creativity!

3 comments:

Caroline said...

What lovely photos - looks like a delightful walk - where do you live on the south coast? That cocktail sounds like it packs a punch! Love the quote too!

yoon see said...

Yeah, lovely photos, just like those in the those movie clips!
OK, come we have some fun cocktail too!
I will doodle one!

aimee said...

brilliant! both the quote and the cocktail!