Friday 28 November 2008

Friendship


I've been submitting an illustration every week to Illustration Friday for nearly a year now and it has made me become much more productive with my drawing. I've also felt part of a creative and inspiring community which is great, as I work from home and sometimes don't go out for days (apart from walking My Jack Russell that is!).

I've recently been given 2 awards from Yoon See for 'I love your blog' & 'Artistic blog award' which is a great honour. I love the the way she generously extends her friendship to everyone.
I'm really into the 'ripple effect' of how reading one blog leads on to another and another . . . it's a great way of finding new friends and other artists that inspire me so here's the links to some of the great blogs that I've discovered through Illustration Friday.
Aimee - for inspiring words - in more ways than one!
Bella Sinclair - for exquisite illustrations
Cecilia Levy - for beautiful line work
Flying Colors - for richness and amazingly colourful and varied work
Shugar - for sweet illustrations
Nicola - for stunning woodcuts
Marina Tsu-mina - for vibrant colours and especially dog illustrations.

Thank you Yoon See

1 comment:

yoon see said...

Thanks to you too Nicky Linzey.
You really deserve these award!
I see, you love soft purple!

There is a giveaway challenge just on from 1/12/08 to 8/12/08. Please drop by when you are free!
http://yoonsee.blogspot.com/2008/12/1st-giveaway-challenge.html