Monday 21 January 2008

No loving care required

Last year a friend came to lunch and brought me an amaryllis in a box - a bulb, the compost and a pot to plant it in. At the time I was busy cooking so put it in the conservatory and I'm sorry to say . . . forgot . . all . . . about . . . it.
Just before Christmas when I was cleaning, I caught sight of the box from of the corner of my eye and guiltily did the required planting, placing it on the kitchen windowsill - holding little hope for its survival. We went away to Wales and on our return I couldn't believe my eyes, it had grown a green spike of about 2 feet in height and is now sporting 2 enormous flower heads. It is such a magnificent plant with the most beautiful striped petals that look as though they've been dusted with red glitter. I find it quite amazing when plants grow despite no loving care.
© Nicky Linzey 2008

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

todo el blog es lindo,sus trabajos sonb lindos un cordial saliodo