Tuesday 6 March 2007

Resin

I'm in the process of making some resin jewellery, it's a slow learning curve - getting rid of air bubbles, polishing, smoothing, drilling etc. I really should go on a course to learn how to do this but I'm the kind of person who rushes into doing things before I know how to do them properly - I'm too impatient to wait for the course to come up, I just missed one this February and the next ones not til June. I never read instructions - just work things out as I go along - very hit & miss but the only way for me!

After years of working at my computer it's brilliant to actually be making something again. I love resin and glass jewellery and have been buying rings from the Jackie Brazil range and big chunky Murano glass ones from Jam Gallery, my latest acquisition being a goldy coloured venetian type glass ring. I'll photograph some of my resin pieces when they're finished, in the meantime I've drawn them.

©2007 Nicky Linzey

The sun was shining today, the blossom's out, Spring is on it's way.

No comments: